Cypress Basin Master Gardener Training
Held each January thru March at the Titus County AgriLife Extension Office in Mt. Pleasant, Texas.
Click here to see Master Gardener Training Information.
What are the requirements to become a Texas Master Gardener?
The requirements to become a Texas Master Gardener are as follows:
· Complete 50 hours in TMG training as offered by Texas AgriLife Extension.
· Complete 50 hours of volunteer service within the first year of membership.
· Each subsequent year of membership, complete 6 hours of continuing education and 25 hours of volunteer time.
What kind of training do Master Gardeners receive?
Extension professionals, specialists, and local experts teach Master Gardener classes.
· Growing Fruits & Vegetables
· Landscape Plants
· Annuals and Perennials
· Environmental Conservation
· Plant Selection & Propagation
· Plant Pathology
· Soil Science
· Earth Kind Plants & Shrubs
Contact the Titus County AgriLife Extension Office at 903-572-5201
You can download a PDF document that covers the basics of becoming a Master Gardener here.
This page last updated or reviewed